I have a new recipe to share with you today! It may seem like a strange concoction to some, but trust me when I say it’s deee-licious!
I talked about it last week in this post and wanted to try it out once more before I shared.
Boy am I glad I did! This next version was sooo good that I now have two new breakfasts to mix in with my usual bowl of oats
Make the base recipe and add-in/top with what your heart desires!
Packed with protein and fiber, this breakfast fills you up and gives you the fuel you need to get your day going. Adding the cup of coffee on the side makes it even better!
Now here’s the recipe so you can try it out and see what I’m talking about
Inspired by and adapted from Carrots n Cake
High Protein Scramble
By January 29, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Prep: 1 min
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 6 mins
Good Morning! Happy Tuesday! I have a new recipe to share with you today! It may seem like a strange concoction to some, but …
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 medium banana* mashed
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 baby pinch salt
- Spray a sauce pan with the cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Heat pot over medium-high heat and pour in the mixture. Whisk constantly until it begins to thicken, the eggs are cooked through, and it resembles a "scramble"
- Remove from heat, add-in what you wish, pour into a bowl, top with yummy goodies, and enjoy!
- * You could omit the sweet potato and use 1 whole banana, mashed and vice versa (tastes just as good) ;)
** My favorite add-ins are 1/2 tbsp chia seeds and a splash of vanilla extract
*** My favorite toppings include nut butters (they're a must), natural jam, granola, unsweetened carob chips, etc. The possibilities are endless!
- Course: Breakfast